Langabeer’s compositions, Secret Islands, are a series of original jazz pieces that effortlessly assimilate the North American jazz form into an authentic Kiwi context - a deeply unique and soulful sound, one that is authentically their own; deep swinging grooves, curious questioning melodies, sizzling free-jazz movements and the haunting sounds of multiphonics and Taonga Puoro.
- Jim Langabeer (flutes, Taonga Puoro, tenor saxophone)
- Rosie Langabeer (piano, keys)
- Roger Manins (alto saxophone)
- Neil Watson (Fender guitar, steel guitar)
- Eamon Edmundson-Wells (bass)
- Chris O’Connor (drums, percussion)